[Samba] Unix attributes
- Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 14:59:47 +0200
- From: Rene Schmidt via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] Unix attributes
I have just started to experiment with Samba4 as an AD.
All together I have 3 sambas DCs in 3 locations.
In my SMB. CONF stands the following entry: idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
If I provide new users or groups, I do this about RSAT of a Windows Server 2008 R2. This Windows Server is only normal Domainmember.
I have problems with the care of the Unix attributes:
- If I put in a new user, I must still select by hand the NIS-Domain and the Default group as well as the Shell placed. Can be fixed there, e. g. , default or let itself steer this in such a way which takes here the normal primary group?
- The bigger problem is the care of the groups. If I change memberships of a group, I must do always in the tab members and in the tab Unix Attributes.
If one maintains not by hand, there is a difference between the attributes "member" and "memberUid". If this is normal or what one can do against it, so that this is automatically comaintained.
Many thanks for your help.
The best greetings
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the