From: samba [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Praveen Ghimire via samba
Sent: Saturday, 24 March 2018 10:50 PM
To: 'Rowland Penny'
Cc: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Samba] Samba NT4 to AD- LDAP

Hi Rowland,

I did that initially and that came with Failed to connect to ldap URL 'ldap://lin-pdc.lin - LDAP client internal error: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME Hence I removed the whole ldap:// bit

After your email I tried again but using ldap://localhost and it seems to have worked. Not sure what the issue is with the fqdn. I could run ldap queries when using fqdn.

Regards,

Praveen Ghimire