Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] explorer.exe and mmc.exe crashes on security tab access

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 16:33:29 +0100
Renaud via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi the list,
>
> I have updated to 4.8.0 after using 4.7.3
> root@samba:~# /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba -V
> Version 4.8.0
>
> I compiled from source with the following options :
> ./configure --enable-debug --enable-selftest

You don't need to add '--enable-debug --enable-selftest' to the
configure line, they are only needed if you want to run the tests or
the deprecated ntvfs.

This isn't your problem though, to put it bluntly, 4.8.0 is
probably borked, so you need to run the sambaundoguidindex script and
then go back to 4.7.x. Then wait until 4.8.1 comes out.