Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] [OT?] Strangeness on clients migrating NT -> AD...

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:47:21 +0100
Marco Gaiarin via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>

> > So, it sounds like you have a PDC for the domain 'DOMAIN' and an AD
> > DC for the domain 'DOMAIN' both using the same SID, I don't think
> > this is going to work. I suggest you turn the old PDC off.
>
> No no no! I'm not mad! ;-)

Never said you were ;-)

> There's the OLD PDC for the domain 'SVCORSI', and the new AD DC for
> the domain 'LNFFVG', with different SID! They are different domains!

OK, but if the win7 machines were domain members of 'SVCORSI', then
they still might be trying to find it, best thing is to turn it off.

> > > We have keep unchanged our DNS and DHCP setup: machines got dns
> > > as in previous configuration, the (old) dns simply forward
> > > requests to the AD domain subzones.
> > Your win7 machines should be using the AD DC as their dns server.
>
> Why?! Does not suffices to have working DNS? or the bind_dlz module do
> also some protocol extensions?

It doesn't matter if you are using the internal dns server or Bind9,
they both use the data stored in AD, so you should use the DC as the
dns server, not using the DC could be part of your problem.