Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] performance problem on bridgehead DC

On Fri, 2018-03-16 at 13:11 +0000, MORILLO Jordi via samba wrote:
> Hi Louis,
>
> Move up to 4.7 is planned soon but I'm little scared to update bridgehead if it actually had performance problem.
> I would like to fix all problem before updating.

No, it is the 4.6 that is causing you the issue.  The unindexed search
in the DRS replication server is very slow on 4.6 for a large domain
and 4.7 fixes that by correctly using whole-DB locking.  Expect the
load to drop to almost nothing based on our user reports.

Andrew Bartlett