Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba 4.7->4.8 in place upgrade

On 3/16/2018 10:07 AM, barış tombul via samba wrote:
same problem.
Never pass the 4.8 version.

  samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix
Unable to determine the DomainSID, can not enforce uniqueness constraint on
local domainSIDs

Searching for dsServiceName in rootDSE failed: operations error at
../source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/rootdse.c:516
Failed to find our own NTDS Settings DN in the ldb!
Searching for dsServiceName in rootDSE failed: operations error at
../source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/rootdse.c:516
Failed to find our own NTDS Settings DN in the ldb!
ERROR(ldb): uncaught exception - operations error at
../source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/rootdse.c:516
   File
"/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 176, in _run
     return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
   File
"/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/dbcheck.py",
line 135, in run
     reset_well_known_acls=reset_well_known_acls)
   File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/dbchecker.py",
line 95, in __init__
     self.ntds_dsa = ldb.Dn(samdb, samdb.get_dsServiceName())
   File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/samdb.py",
line 943, in get_dsServiceName
     res = self.search(base="", scope=ldb.SCOPE_BASE,
attrs=["dsServiceName"])

:
Hi,

I'm testing the in-place upgrade from 4.7.5 samba to 4.8 and unfortunately
it breaks.
After the upgrade samba seems to have trouble to find his way through the
db:
------------------
#ldbsearch -V
Version 4.8.0

#ldbsearch -H private/sam.ldb

Unable to determine the DomainSID, can not enforce uniqueness constraint on
local domainSIDs

search error - No such Base DN: DC=example,DC=com
------------------
​I've downgrade​d to DN-based index value using the provide
source4/sambaundoguididx script,
and ldbsearch 4.7.5 is happy with it.

Could you advise me any check I could do to find out what's happening?

Thanks.

PS: Sorry for the cross posting I've jute realized this post should rather
be in this list than samba-tecnical.

I'll add myself to this issue. I thought it may be due to not allowing enough time for the database to re-index. Turing up the log level I see it never attempts. The first error I see when starting is

../lib/ldb-samba/ldb_wrap.c:77(ldb_wrap_debug)
  ldb: Unable to determine the DomainSID, can not enforce uniqueness constraint on local domainSIDs

James