Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba 4.7->4.8 in place upgrade

On 3/16/2018 9:35 AM, Alexis Pellicier via samba wrote:
Hi,

I'm testing the in-place upgrade from 4.7.5 samba to 4.8 and unfortunately
it breaks.
After the upgrade samba seems to have trouble to find his way through the
db:
------------------
#ldbsearch -V
Version 4.8.0

#ldbsearch -H private/sam.ldb

Unable to determine the DomainSID, can not enforce uniqueness constraint on
local domainSIDs

search error - No such Base DN: DC=example,DC=com
------------------
​I've downgrade​d to DN-based index value using the provide
source4/sambaundoguididx script,
and ldbsearch 4.7.5 is happy with it.

Could you advise me any check I could do to find out what's happening?

Thanks.

PS: Sorry for the cross posting I've jute realized this post should rather
be in this list than samba-tecnical.

Did you provide enough time for sam.ldb to re-index? From the release notes;

Users who upgrade a Samba AD DC in-place will experience a short delay
in the first startup of Samba while the sam.ldb is re-indexed.

James