Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Your advices regarding authentication methods compatible with S4

Hi to Samba list, dev, contributors and all the community.

We are
samba users for a long time now, and S4 since the early alpha version.
We run now 5 DC for 700 users in our hospital and are very enthusiastic.
This is definitely a great project.

But now, we face a new challenge.
We look over a new authentication method rather than the old
user/password. Because we have many users switching pretty fast from a
host to another, we need to facilitate and speed up their authentication
process as much as possible.

I ask for your experience and your help
on any technology that exists that we can plug on our S4 domain to
append a new method to the existing one. This can be fingerprint, a
smart card or whatever, but we need something compatible with our
beloved samba 4.

Thanks for your comments.
--

Olivier B.