Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Error running CVE-2018-1057_helper on 4.5

On 14/03/2018 09:24, Harry Jede wrote:
Best is to wait for security updates of ubuntu!!!

As I said, I built 4.5.15 from source.  The version of Samba in the Ubuntu 16.04 repositories is ancient (4.3.11) and I couldn't find a free repository where someone else had built binary packages for Ubuntu.

Maybe Debian Stretch would be a better base, or Ubuntu 18.04 when it comes out.  But right now, I have what I have.

Fortunately I kept the 4.5.15 source directory, so applying the patch and then "make && make install" has done the job.

Cheers,

Brian.