Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Unable to successfully join Samba 4.8.0 or Windows 2008 R2 to a Samba 4.6.7 DC

On Tue, 2018-03-13 at 15:54 -0400, Justin Foreman via samba wrote:
> When I attempt to join samba 4.8.0 (stable) to my samba 4.6.7 DC (Ubuntu),
> I receive the following error:
>
> Partition[DC=us,DC=dignitastech,DC=com] objects[500/1605]
> linked_values[0/118]
> Failed to commit objects: WERR_GEN_FAILURE

> Let me know what type of logging you need from the Samba DC and I can
> reproduce this.

Carefully turn up the logging with eg -d5 on the command line until you
get a more useful message about what actually went wrong, taking care
that at some point it will spit out a dump of the DB containing
sensitive info, so avoid posting that to a mailing list.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett