Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.8.0 Available for Download

Miguel, Karolin is the Samba release manager and as such is
free to chose whichever quotes for the release she feels are
appropriate. I am constantly delighted at the range of
material she finds and uses !

If you don't like the quotes you are free to unsubscribe
from samba-technical, and you won't have to see them.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison.

So is it now normal that *technical notes* about a Samba release START with a political statement? I wouldn't mind very much if it was a signature, but *start* a technical note with it? We are immersed enough in political noise and indoctrination by the media and then we still have to go through it again on a technical mailing list?

The only possibility here is for me to unsubscribe? Is it forbidden to just give my views about it and then go on with life? Why?