Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.7.6, 4.6.14 and 4.5.16 Security Releases Available for Download

On Tue, 2018-03-13 at 09:26 -0400, Sonic via samba-technical wrote:
> Under what conditions are "server services = -ldap" an acceptable
> workaround? would it work with a standalone AD with file sharing done
> by other Samba servers?

I wrote that part, but sadly I didn't get time to research the full
implications, which is why it is so vague.  It really will depend on
the network.  Samba's winbindd avoids talking to ldap if you don't
enumerate users, so it may work if you 'just' have a member file server
and nothing else.

It isn't hard to turn back on if things break, and hopefully you can
upgrade Samba fairly swiftly.

Sorry I can't be more clear on this,

Andrew Bartlett