Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] smb protocol version

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 3:51 PM, Alex Gutiérrez Martínez via samba
<samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> for sharing proposes. Mi problem is simple, in the config i set the
> directives "client min protocol = SMB2" and "client max protocol = SMB3_11".
> Acording to this 2 directives a client with Windows XP can't connect to my
> server, but i have 2 clientes using that OS and conncect without problems. I
> let my config here, any sugestions will be apreceated.

Parameters of the type "client something" are for when samba acts as a
client (ie: smbclient), not for samba's clients.

To do what you want, you need to use "max protocol = ..."  "min
protocol = ..", without "client".

Recents samba versions support "max server protocol" as an alternative
(same meaning) of "max protocol".