Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Kerberos not working after moving Samba AD DC to new server

On 09/03/18 10:52, Sebastian Arcus via samba wrote:
I am moving a Samba AD DC to a new server (I am merging two different hardware servers serving different functions). The new server has the same name as the old one, and same IP addresses on the network interfaces. I have moved the following directories:

/var/lib/samba
/var/cache/samba
/etc/samba/
/var/named/

Samba will start, Bind starts (I'm using the Bind backend), the dns tests from Samba wiki work fine, but the following doesn't work and I can't figure out why:

# kinit Administrator
kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'MYDOMAIN.LAN' while getting initial credentials

The domain name above is correct, but for some reason Kerberos doesn't seem to be working. Does the Kerberos side of things need any other files which I should have copied from the old server?

Sorry for the confusion - I just checked the old server and I get the same error. Is there any way of troubleshooting Kerberos further?