Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Error joining Samba 4.7.4 DC to existing Win2008R2 domain

On Fri, 2018-03-02 at 13:48 +0000, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 11:43:37 +0100
> Claudio Nicora via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If I create SRVAD-NEW DNS record manually, under samdom.local zone,
> > this is what I see with adsiedit:
> >
> > distinguishedName:
> > DC=SRVAD-NEW,DC=samdom.local,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=SAMDOM,DC=LOCAL
> >
> There is a bit of a problem with that, it should be:
> DC=SRVAD-NEW,DC=samdom.local,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=SAMDOM,DC=LOCAL

Well spotted Rowland!

Yes, I've checked the code (the exact line number is in the backtrace)
and it is hard-coded to assume the new record will be in the
DomainDnsZones.  It should try ForestDnsZones if the first search

If you dare, you could try and patch the code yourself.

Sorry for all the drama here!

Andrew Bartlett