Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba 2.4.6 to 2.4.7 update on Fedora update 26 to 27, can't connect to shares

On 3 March 2018 at 20:40, Harry Jede <walk2sun@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Your IM is the source for users and groups and fill both AD and openldap
> with the identical information. Is this true?

Yes. Passwords are also managed this way.

> I think I know this because I can retrieve usernames and SID
> > info from wbinfo.
> This is not necessaryly true. I assume your AD and your Samba/Ldap has
> different domain names and different SIDs.

wbinfo only gives me information  from my AD domain (I think). I'm not sure
how to query our local samba but I guess the users  and where they come
from was expressed in the deprecated line in my old config:

      auth methods = guest sam_ignoredomain winbind:ntdomain

> The solution for you could be an other approach.
> First one question:
> The subject of this mail indicates that you have problems after updating
> from Fedora 26 to 27, versus samba 4.6 to 4.7.
> So, your Fedora 26 setup has worked properly? If this is true, why are you
> searching for new solutions. You should fix your upgrade procedure.

Yes the samba broke when I updated Fedora 26 to 27 when samba went from 4.6
to 4.7

My fault for not testing enough. But samba is an add on feature of the
system and I overlooked it. Roll back is not possible.
Installing an older samba I guess could be possible but it means stepping
outside package management.

> Greeting
> Harry Jede

Norman Gaywood, Computer Systems Officer
School of Science and Technology
University of New England
Armidale NSW 2351, Australia

ngaywood@xxxxxxxxxx   http://turing.une.edu.au/~ngaywood
Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412  Mobile: +61 (0)4 7862 0062

Please avoid sending me Word or Power Point attachments.