Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Error joining Samba 4.7.4 DC to existing Win2008R2 domain

No, I was just checking if you where something you shouldn't, like
creating the zone files in the Bind configs.
Good, it's better to clear out any doubt.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong in any of your conf files, the
only other thing I can think of is, is Avahi running on the new DC ?
and this only applies if your TLD is '.local'

No, it's not:
===
root@srvad-new:~# apt remove avahi*
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'avahi-ui-utils' for glob 'avahi*'
Note, selecting 'avahi-daemon' for glob 'avahi*'
Note, selecting 'avahi-dnsconfd' for glob 'avahi*'
Note, selecting 'avahi-autoipd' for glob 'avahi*'
Note, selecting 'avahi-utils' for glob 'avahi*'
Note, selecting 'avahi-discover' for glob 'avahi*'
Package 'avahi-autoipd' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'avahi-daemon' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'avahi-utils' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'avahi-discover' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'avahi-dnsconfd' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'avahi-ui-utils' is not installed, so not removed
===

And no, my domain is not .local but each log I post was automatically cleaned up in a case-sensitive way ;)
MYDOMAIN --> SAMDOM
mydomain --> samdom
.EXT --> .LOCAL

Another thing that comes to my mind is that the 2008R2 domain was upgraded from an initial Win2000. Win2000-->Samba direct migration is not possible because Samba requires at least a Win2003 domain. So the complete upgrade was Win2000 (SRVAD-OLDOLD) --> Win2008R2 (SRVAD-OLD) --> Domain/forest functional level upgrade --> Samba 4.7.4 migration.

Could there be something wrong/unexpected in current Win2008R2 domain config? It seems not to me because Windows client machines work ok and the domain seems to function properly.

Claudio

I know that 4.7.5 will join to a Samba AD DC, but this is with Debian.

That's good