Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Error joining Samba 4.7.4 DC to existing Win2008R2 domain

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 16:15:43 +0100
Claudio Nicora <claudio.nicora@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Is bind9 running during the join ?
> > How have you set up bind ?
> No it's not.
> Following the doc here
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/BIND9_DLZ_DNS_Back_End
> I see than the needed files (like /var/lib/samba/private/named.conf
> and /var/lib/samba/private/dns.keytab) are generated by samba-tool so
> I don't have them ready to be added to bind9 config.
> Before running samba-tool this is content of relevant files:
> ===
> root@srvad-new:~# cat /etc/hosts
>       localhost
>       srvad-old.samdom.local srvad-old
>      srvad-new.samdom.local   srvad-new
> root@srvad-new:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
> nameserver
> search samdom.local
> ===
> Am I missing something?

No, I was just checking if you where something you shouldn't, like
creating the zone files in the Bind configs.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong in any of your conf files, the
only other thing I can think of is, is Avahi running on the new DC ?
and this only applies if your TLD is '.local'

I know that 4.7.5 will join to a Samba AD DC, but this is with Debian.