Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba 2.4.6 to 2.4.7 update on Fedora update 26 to 27, can't connect to shares

On 1 March 2018 at 18:49, Rowland Penny <rpenny@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > idmap range not specified for domain '*'
> > ERROR: Invalid idmap range for domain *!
> >
> You haven't set the 'idmap config' lines correctly, which may mean you
> are using sssd instead. If this is the case, then you are asking in the
> wrong place, you need to ask on the sssd-users mailing list.

After reading a lot about idmap conf and idmap backends, I'm thinking that
what I've been doing is not expressible with idmap.

What I need is what is described, much better than I did, here:

That is:

Samba will authenticate against AD, and then utilize the normal 'getent'
system calls to gather the uid/gid numbers, and those will come from
OpenLDAP, and/or the local system files as configured within the
nsswitch.conf file.

Is this type of setup still possible?

Norman Gaywood, Computer Systems Officer
School of Science and Technology
University of New England
Armidale NSW 2351, Australia

ngaywood@xxxxxxxxxx  http://turing.une.edu.au/~ngaywood
Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412  Mobile: +61 (0)4 7862 0062

Please avoid sending me Word or Power Point attachments.