Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Migration from 3.6.25-0ubuntu0.12.04.10 to 4.x with passdb backend = ldapsam

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 15:26:26 +0300
Vladimir Skubriev <skubriev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You a sure. I have already configured openldap, which is workd as
> expected with old smb server.
> net getlocalsid & net getdomainsid returns the same SID.
> LDAP sambaDomainName=EXAMPLE has the same SID in attribute sambaSID.
> Also DIT has windows groups like Domain Users' etc ...
> Unfortunately I can not find the reason for the unexpected exit of
> child smbd process.
> Do your mean that I must remove all samba's data from ldap except dn:
> sambaDomainName=FILESERVER,dc=domain,dc=ltd (as described to tune in
> article)

I am not saying that at all, what I am saying is, for all intents and
purposes, your smb.conf is for a PDC, yet you have :

in smb.conf.

I think you need to consider just what you require, a PDC or a
standalone server and then set up Samba & ldap accordingly.

If you want/need a standalone server, then you do not need things like
'Domain Users' etc, because your server will not be part of a domain.