Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Is it possible to lower the domain and forest functional level

Am Montag, 19. Februar 2018, 19:07:12 CET schrieb Christophe Borivant
via samba:
> I made a try translating the group names one by one in the
> setup/provision_users.ldif file. The first groups went OK but when I
> translate "Incoming Forest Trust Builders" by "Générateurs
> d'approbations de forêt entrante", I get this error from the script :
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "source4/scripting/bin/samba_upgradeprovision", line 1714, in
> <module> schema, schemareloadclosure):
>   File "source4/scripting/bin/samba_upgradeprovision", line 1360, in
> update_samdb schema, provisionUSNs, prereloadfunc)
>   File "source4/scripting/bin/samba_upgradeprovision", line 1145, in
> update_partition add_missing_entries(ref_samdb, samdb, names,
> listMissing) File "source4/scripting/bin/samba_upgradeprovision",
> line 757, in add_missing_entries hashMissing, index)
>   File "source4/scripting/bin/samba_upgradeprovision", line 616, in
> add_missing_object controls=["search_options:1:2"])
> _ldb.LdbError: (1, 'Unable to parse search expression')
> Could the "ê" be a problem or the length of the string ?
Yes and no.
Ldap in general can not store extented characters. One may use base64
encoding, i.e.

$ echo "Générateurs d'approbations de forêt entrante" |base64

Your delimeter in ldif files is then a double colon.

Name: Incoming Forest Trust Builders

$ echo
udGUK |base64 -d
Générateurs d'approbations de forêt entrante

I do not know if this works with AD and/or Samba and the used tools and
libs. Their are some other ways to deal with non-ascii characters.

Harry Jede