Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] SAMBA failed join domain DC

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:28:37 +0500
"denis.shigapov" <denis.shigapov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, DNS runnig on Windows Server 2008R2(srv-dc01.example.ru)
> DNS integrated to AD
> in the domain management snap-in is created RODC,

I think what you are trying to say is, you are trying to join the Samba
machine (as a DC) to a windows RODC. I don't think this will work,
an RODC contains all the AD records except the passwords, but they are
read-only.

> is it possible to translate it into a normal DC?

No, I am fairly sure you would have to demote it, then promote it as a
a DC, If you can do this, then why not just point the Samba machine at
a normal DC instead ?