Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] idmap config ad: can't resolve domain users' uids

Il 16/02/18 12:58, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:39:37 +0100
> Francesco Malvezzi via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> should I remove tout-court this part?
> Not sure I understand that, but it sounds like you are asking if you
> should remove the lines, if so, the answer is yes.

You understood correctly.

>> self compiled
> Why ? You could use the packages from Louis

I'll give it a try. I've got the habit to place software in /opt and I'm
pretty happy and updating when a newer release comes out is easy thanks
to ansible,

>>> Have you set up libnss_winbind ?
> That is why it doesn't work ;-)

fine, thank you for your time.

So just to recap: there were two problems:

1) the syntax mistake in smb.conf pointed up before;
2) a logical mistake because wbinfo can't possibily work without the
full setup that includes the nss part.

Thank you,