Re: [Samba] idmap config ad: can't resolve domain users' uids
- Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 13:10:16 +0100
- From: Francesco Malvezzi via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] idmap config ad: can't resolve domain users' uids
Il 16/02/18 12:58, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:39:37 +0100
> Francesco Malvezzi via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> should I remove tout-court this part?
> Not sure I understand that, but it sounds like you are asking if you
> should remove the lines, if so, the answer is yes.
You understood correctly.
>> self compiled
> Why ? You could use the packages from Louis
I'll give it a try. I've got the habit to place software in /opt and I'm
pretty happy and updating when a newer release comes out is easy thanks
>>> Have you set up libnss_winbind ?
> That is why it doesn't work ;-)
fine, thank you for your time.
So just to recap: there were two problems:
1) the syntax mistake in smb.conf pointed up before;
2) a logical mistake because wbinfo can't possibily work without the
full setup that includes the nss part.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the