Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] ACL not set from Microsoft

You solicited that behavior by putting this on your smb.conf:

acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes

The current Samba behavior when this parameter is included is to neither read nor set extended Linux acls. Only Windows ACLs are set, through acl_xattr.

There was a period when the above parameter caused the system acls to be written but not read. This was rightfully considered inconsistent, unnecessary and performance impairing. The behavior was changed in a Samba version I am trying to locate... I will be back when I find it.