Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] wbinfo -U id gives different users on same dc

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 13:31:33 +0200
Özkan Göksu via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Louis,
> Thanks for information, find it sometimes is a real challenge. Would
> you please share your how to link? I wish to read it.
> For the .local domain I suppose I have nothing to do. This is a
> running windows Active Directory and it is not possible to change
> domain suffix.

If you have to use the '.local' TLD, then I would suggest you turn off
Avahi (if it is running).

> Here is my /etc/hosts
> localhost.localdomain localhost
> wdc04.aa.local wdc04
> AA-SM2

I would change it something like this: localhost
10.254.104.X fileserver.aa.local fileserver

Where '10.254.104.X is the fileservers ipaddress and 'fileserver' is
the fileservers hostname

> and /etc/resolv.conf
> search aa.local
> nameserver
> nameserver

If the nameservers are both DCs, then okay, remove any that are not.

As for your 'rlimit_max' problem, see here: