Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] WERR_DS_DRA_MISSING_PARENT error when joining new DC

Hi DreamySurfer212,

When trying to join a new DC to an existing Samba4 domain, I am
getting this WERR_DS_DRA_MISSING_PARENT error. Does any have any
suggestions on how to fix it? My original 6 dc's are running the last
free Sernet (4.2.14)  on CentOS6 and the error occurs if I use Sernet
4.2.14 or 4.7.5-Debian. I finally have time to upgrade and something
is broke.

Samba 4.2.14 is EOL for quite some time... If you cannot afford the good work done by SerNet, then you need to use other packages.

Thanks, Steve

# samba-tool domain join mydomain DC -U"mydomain\administrator"

Missing parent while attempting to apply records: No parent with GUID
eb58e643-61d5-4e8c-8249-99d275b2779b found for object remotely known
as CN=Enterprise Read-only Domain Controllers,OU=Security

# ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb --cross-ncs
objectGUID=eb58e643-61d5-4e8c-8249-99d275b2779b dn: OU=Security

Have you switched all your domain DCs to 4.7, or is this error still shown from a 4.2 server?

is there any reasons for moving "Enterprise Read-only Domain
Controllers" group from CN=Users? Do you have tried to join RODC in your
4.2 domain??

# samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs Checking 9088 objects Checked 9088
objects (0 errors)

Denis Cardon
Tranquil IT Systems
Les Espaces Jules Verne, bâtiment A