Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Is it possible to lower the domain and forest functional level

Hi Christophe,

I don't know exactly, but there were problems with indexes ( as the user said ).

since you have issues with your domain, perhaps fixing you domain would fix the sharepoint compatibility. What version of sharepoint are you trying to integrate?

We did not try with the current release and our manager wants to go back to Microsoft :-(
Our samba version is 4.7.5.

What do you get when you try a "samba-tool domain level show"? Did you had to change the revision attribute by hand because it was not changed during "samba-tool domain level raise"?

Your MSAD2k3, was it and upgrade from a MSAD2k? The forest DNS zone was in its own partition or not before the switch to Samba-AD? [1]

I've been able to go one step further. We first were not able to join a Windows 2008 R2 as a domain controller because it was asking for adprep.
I found the missing datas in the ldap and added them. But know dcpromo fails replicating the configuration partition.
The most relevant error I can find in the dcpromo.log is :

Joining a win2k8r2 to a samba 4.7 should go without any issue. You have some corrupted entries somewhere (which may actually have been copied over from your MSAD2k3).

Have you tried to join a secondary DC, and demote the original one? DC replication does not sync all the DIT tree, and if your corrupted stuff is not to be sync'ed, then it may help. Be sure to switch all the FSMO role in between.

And if the issue is not yet resolved, then the last resort thing is to recreate a Samba 4.7 domain with same SID by piping in all the objects.

[1] https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/817470/how-to-reconfigure-an-msdcs-subdomain-to-a-forest-wide-dns-application

Valeur de l’erreur principale :
8451 L’opération de réplication a rencontré une erreur dans la base de données.

Valeur de l’erreur secondaire :
-1507 JET_errColumnNotFound, No such column

02/13/2018 18:27:35 [INFO] EVENTLOG (Warning): NTDS General / Traitement interne : 1173
Internal event: Active Directory Domain Services has encountered the following exception and associated parameters.

Additional Data

Error value:

Internal ID:

02/13/2018 18:27:35 [INFO] Error - Les services de domaine Active Directory n’ont pas pu répliquer la partition d’annuaire CN=Configuration,DC=removed,DC=com du contrôleur de domaine Active Directory distant frtlse-srv018.removed.com. (8451)
02/13/2018 18:27:35 [INFO] EVENTLOG (Error): NTDS General / Traitement interne : 1168
Internal error: An Active Directory Domain Services error has occurred.

Additional Data

Error value (decimal):

Error value (hex):

Internal ID:

02/13/2018 18:27:36 [INFO] EVENTLOG (Informational): NTDS General / Contrôle du service : 1004
Les services de domaine Active Directory ont été arrêtés correctement.

02/13/2018 18:27:37 [INFO] NtdsInstall for removed.com returned 8451
02/13/2018 18:27:37 [INFO] DsRolepInstallDs returned 8451
02/13/2018 18:27:37 [ERROR] Failed to install to Directory Service (8451)
02/13/2018 18:27:43 [INFO] Démarrage du service NETLOGON
02/13/2018 18:27:43 [INFO] Configuring service NETLOGON to 2 returned 0
02/13/2018 18:27:43 [INFO] La tentative de promotion du contrôleur de domaine est terminée
02/13/2018 18:27:43 [INFO] DsRolepSetOperationDone returned 0

Christophe Borivant
Responsable d'exploitation informatique
+33 5 62 20 71 71 (Poste 503)

Devinlec - Groupe Leclerc