Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] high cpu usage samba 4 AD

On Tue, 2018-02-13 at 23:10 +0100, Trenta sis via samba wrote:
> Hi,
> I have detected a high cpu usage with samba 4, process that is using
> high cpu (100%) many time is  /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba -D
> and samba version is 4.4.5, anybody can give information how to debug
> and find the problem or how to solve the issue.
> Now I can't upgrade, in a few months i'll upgrade, but now I need to
> find why this high cpu usage

The answer is very simple, it is because you haven't upgraded.

You can debug it with perf flame graphs, but save yourself the bother
and just upgrade to 4.7.  Replication of large numbers of group
memberships is a particularly likely candidate, but there were many
other issues as well.

Our customers came back to us wondering why their Samba 4.7 DCs are
running essentially zero load, because it was so unexpected :-)

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett