Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba PDC and Ubuntu desktop client logon script

Hi Luigi,

It sounds like you're trying to apply group policy behavior to Linux domain members.  That is not directly supported.

Your best bet is probably to have a startup script that you manually add to your Ubuntu clients that checks the sysvol provided by your PDC for a specific file name (ie - ubuntu-login.sh) and then copies it to /etc/profile.d.  With typical configs, bash checks for any files ending in .sh in /etc/profile.d and sources them during your log in.