Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] GPO - Computer Policies are not applied

Hi,

We just upgraded the Samba-AD from version 4.6.5 to 4.7.5. The upgrade threw many challenges and I will write a separate mail explaining the workaround that we adapted to get over them. One of the main challenges is GPO. While the user policy applies properly, the computer policies are not getting applied, rather they are erratic, On some PCs within the same LAN, it works, while on some, it does not. We ran the "samba-tool ntact sysvolcheck". It showed errors in some of the policies but it was fixed with "samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset". Yet, while the user policies works properly, computer policies does not work.

Thinking that there could be some issues with the GPO, we created a Test OU, created a new policy with same settings and applied them to test OU. Again, the user policies work but not computer policies.

Can some one guide us to get over this?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava