Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] I can not use a domain group in the DC filesystem

Hi Denis,

I have just installed a samba 4.7.4 from source. All right!

wbinfo -u  and wbinfo -g return the list of users and groups from the
domain

But I can not use they in the DC filesystem.

For instance:

# touch ttt

# chgrp 'domain admins' ttt
chgrp: invalid group: ‘domain admins’

First, you need to configure nsswitch to have samba users available to the linux subsystem (/etc/nsswitch.conf).

Second, winbind idmap on DC is not done the same way as on member server. Unless you are seeking pain and tears, I would advise you to separate the domain controller and the fileserver.

Cheers,

Denis

That should I do to ?

--