Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] I can not use a domain group in the DC filesystem

On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 13:12:09 -0500
Denis Morejon via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have just installed a samba 4.7.4 from source. All right!
>
> wbinfo -u  and wbinfo -g return the list of users and groups from the
> domain
>
> But I can not use they in the DC filesystem.
>
> For instance:
>
> # touch ttt
>
> # chgrp 'domain admins' ttt
> chgrp: invalid group: ‘domain admins’
>

> That should I do to ?

I must have said this a thousand times, just because 'wbinfo -u' &
'wbinfo -g' work doesn't mean that the underlying Unix OS knows the AD
users and groups.

You don't say how you are using Samba, but I think you need to read
these:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller#Using_the_Domain_Controller_as_a_File_Server