Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Best practice with samba-tool dbcheck --fix

Hi lingpanda101,

    I'm never certain if it's best to stop samba when running a fix or
check on the DB. Is there a rule of thumb for this? In a multi DC
environment is it best to run on one DC and have it replicate the fixes?
I never find this to be the case BTW or I may not be waiting long
enough. Thanks.

you can run your dbcheck on a running database, I never had any issues with that (just backup a coherent snapshot before).

Even if DCs are sync'ing each other, there are some stuff that is not sync'ed and is local to the DC. So there are stull that dbcheck will clean up and the clean up will be replicated, and on the other side some stuff that will be local to the DC (eg. repsfrom repsto attributes on each partitions root entry).

So yes, it is better to run your dbcheck on all the DCs to be sure everything is clean.

Denis

--
Denis Cardon
Tranquil IT Systems