Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Inconsistent results while attempting to preset a computer with a one-time-password

On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 14:09:08 -0500
Dan Oriani via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not opposed to the idea. Does 'net ads join' support supplying
> the machine name as the user, and the one-time-password given to it?
> The only reason I'm using adcli at all is the preset-computer option
> which I couldn't find an analogue to in 'net ads'.

I have never tried this, but there is the 'createcomputer=OU' option:

Precreate the computer account in a specific OU.
The OU string read from top to bottom without RDNs
and delimited by a '/'.
E.g. "createcomputer=Computers/Servers/Unix"
NB: A backslash '\' is used as escape at multiple
levels and may need to be doubled or even
quadrupled. It is not used as a separator.