Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] GPOs not Working!

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 15:03:16 -0400
Robert Marcano via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the information, to use a default GPO was a simple way to
try to encourage someone to reproduce the problem.

I already created new GPOs (this is a test domain) Using the default
filter for a new GPO, "Authenticated users", creating a new group for
the test clients and using that as the filter, checking it have the
right permissions (apply), checking every guide about applying GPO to
computers. Using OUs and using domain level GPOs.

What I find weird is that gpresult doesn't list the computer as a
member of groups I create, only a few predefined ones:

    NULL SID
    NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK,
    This company,
    and something like "mandatory level of no trust" (Windows is not in
english)

Do not alter the two default GPOs, it doesn't work ;-)

Creating new GPOs should work, just do not run sysvolreset after
creating them.

Thanks. I will resurrect the VMs I was using to test Samba as an AD and will report again.

Note: I find it weird that creating GPOs result in "samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck" errors and ẗhat "sysvolreset - Reset sysvol ACLs to defaults (including correct ACLs on GPOs)." should not be used