Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] GPOs not Working!

On 2/6/2018 1:42 PM, Robert Marcano via samba wrote:
On 02/06/2018 01:44 PM, Micha Ballmann via samba wrote:
Hello,

i have a testing environment, 2 DCs Ubuntu 18.04, SAMBA 4.7.4 - MIT Kerberos (clean, not upgraded). I just wan to create/activating a simple GPOs.

# Interactive logon: Do not require CTRL + ALT + DEL -> activate

# Interactive login: Do not displa last user name -> activate

These look like machine level GPO. See the output of

  gpresult /v

Mine say that machine based GPOs are not applied because of "Denied (Security)" and the GPO is the default one (This is a test domain) where the filter is for "Authenticated Users" and that include machine accounts.

Running Samba Version 4.7.4.

When im activating this Policys (no errors or something like that) nothing happend.

I reboot two Domain Members (Windows 7). Still showing last username and CTRL + ALT + DEL. Also typed "gpudate /force", didn't help. Also rejoined the clients.

I configured the SYSVOL replication with this guide:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Rsync_based_SysVol_replication_workaround

Tell me what information you need if isn't enough.

I hope you can help!

Thanks

Micha

I don't recommend modifying the default domain or default domain controllers policy. Create separate ones and apply to either site or OU.

James