Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Fwd: Samba AD DC not working properly within Docker [NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR]

Hi,

> is winbind installed?

Thank you so much, this was the problem - winbind was not installed. I
now feel like the biggest moron on earth, as I wasted so much time
debugging this when the solution is so simple :)

So this has nothing to do with Docker at all, it's just that due to
the nature of minimal images you only get what you explicitly install.

BTW: I think this is something for the Wiki. I followed this [1] guide
and it did not say that winbind is required for DCs.

Thanks again,
Fred

[1] https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller