Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Samba Fails to Delete Folder and Leaves Behind Broken Symlinks

Hi,

After tinkering with Samba, I managed to get my first share working on CentOS 7. I can create files and folders. I can delete them too. Except, there's one folder (possibly many more) that I can't delete, and I just can't figure out why. I have set SELinux to permissive and ensured proper ownership permissions. Yet, when I go to delete this folder, the files will be deleted, but folders will be turned into broken symlinks. Here are some borken symlinks that formed during deletion.

[root@bighoss Administrator]# ls -l
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 laura users      73 Feb  4 19:01 SendTo -> /mnt/backup1/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/SendTo lrwxrwxrwx. 1 laura users      77 Feb  4 19:01 Start Menu -> /mnt/backup1/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu lrwxrwxrwx. 1 laura users      76 Feb  4 19:01 Templates -> /mnt/backup1/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Templates
[root@bighoss Administrator]# cd Templates
bash: cd: Templates: No such file or directory

Windows gives me no error message. My Mac says "The operation can’t be completed because the item “Local” is in use." There is a 'Local' folder in a subdirectory of the folder I'm trying to delete. I ran lsof to check if anything is using it. No such luck. The files were copied as a backup from a previous windows 7 installation. Could there be metadata left over that stops samba from deleting the file?

Below is my smb.conf
[global]
        workgroup = WORKGROUP
        netbios name = bighoss
        server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
        dns proxy = no
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000

        security = user
        encrypt passwords = true
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        obey pam restrictions = yes
        map to guest = bad user
        server signing = auto

[laura]
        comment = Linux Samba Share
        path = /mnt/backup1/home/laura
        browsable = yes
        guest ok = no
        read only = no
        create mask = 0755

I ran 'tail -f' on my machines Samba log files and could not find anything helpful there either. Has this been seen before? Any ideas of how I can fix this problem?

Thank you,
~ Bob