Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4.6.2 does not inherit setgid bit (anymore)

> have you found a solution that makes "force directory mode = 2770" able to
> apply to new created folders ?

We have noticed the same thing in CentOS 7.  The setgid no longer works
like it did before, so now we create our shares like this following the
instructions from the wiki.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_Share_Using_POSIX_ACLs

# chmod 700 /u01/test
# chown root:root /u01/test
# setfacl -m group::--- /u01/test
# setfacl -m default:group::--- /u01/test
# setfacl -m other::--- /u01/test
# setfacl -m default:other::--- /u01/test
# setfacl -m group:unixadmins:rwx /u01/test
# setfacl -m default:group:unixadmins:rwx /u01/test

smb.conf

 [test]
  comment = test
  path = /u01/test