Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Upgrading a ctdb cluster: samba not listening on TCP port 445

On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 13:11:58 +0100, Nicolas Zuber via samba
<samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> after starting the ctdb process and setting the log level to 5. If I set
> the log level to 2 it shows that winbind and nmbd starts successfully
> and no complains about a failed smbd process (see log below).

Now the guesses get more esoteric.  :-)

What do you see if you run "ss -tlnp src :445" as root?

I see smbd listening on both IPv4 and IPv6:

LISTEN     0      50
*:445                                  *:*
users:(("smbd",pid=2315,fd=36)) LISTEN     0
50                      :::445                                 :::*
users:(("smbd",pid=2315,fd=34))

If you see smbd listening on port 445 then what happens if you run:

# ctdb checktcpport 445
Failed to bind to TCP port 445

It should fail to bind, which is what CTDB's monitor event looks for
when testing to see smbd is listing on the port.

peace & happiness,
martin