Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Changing expired Samba AD password during Windows login

I went back and re-installed on a clean VM of Ubuntu Server 16.04.3 and built Samba 4.7.4 with default configuration and it works just fine to change expired passwords at login. I should have tested this default configuration a while back.

I was trying to use MIT Kerberos instead of Hemidal and had followed all the directions on this link:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Running_a_Samba_AD_DC_with_MIT_Kerberos_KDC

In order to make all the builds work for MIT Kerberos and Samba 4.7.4 on Ubuntu Server 16.04.3, I had to install a lot of other related dependencies and customize install paths, etc. There must be something incorrect with my config that is causing the expired password problem.

As I understand it, using MIT Kerberos instead of Heimdal is the preferred way of implementing a Samba AD to ensure the widest level of compatibility with the overall Windows Server ecosphere? Yes?