Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4.7.4 + bind9 DLZ /backend/ dropping delegated domain

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 12:54:23 +0000
Kristján Valur Jónsson <kristjan@xxxxxx> wrote:

> No, I'm reading the dlz_bind9.c code.
> I've found and fixed the problem.  It turns out that using a reference
> counted singleton is a bad idea.  The singleton is defunct after
> reload. If we simply create a new state object and destroy the old
> one as bind is trying to let us do, things work out fine.
> This works, at least, for bind9.9.  I cant test with the older (9.8),
> so it is possible that the singleton approach was necessary for that.
> Expect a pull request from me soon.

If you are going to propose a patch to fix this in the Samba code, then
you you need to send it to the samba-technical mailing list, it also
needs to be formatted correctly, see 'README.Coding' in the source root.