Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Administrator account lost administrative privileges

Hello,

    Using Samba 4.7.4 on 6 Ubuntu 14.04 as DC's. Recently noticed applications were failing to install on Windows 10 and 7 workstations. Started to investigate and noticed the Administrator account could not install software.  The Domain Admins appear to work as normal with full domain rights. As a test I logged in to a Windows 10 workstation as Administrator and invoked a command prompt with 'Run as Administrator'. Attempted to run 'ipconfig /registerdns' I get the prompt about needing to run with administrative privileges.

Not entirely sure where to start to see if this is a Samba or Windows issue. Anyone have a list of what group memberships the Administrator should be a part of by default? Thanks.

James