[Samba] SAMBA RODC Upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7
- Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:36:45 +0200
- From: Harsh Kukreja via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] SAMBA RODC Upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7
In my environment I have 5 Samba4 RODC's running 4.6.7 which are joined to
the Samba4 DC which I have recently upgraded to 4.7.4. As I have read there
are many fixes for RODC's functions included in the 4.7 so I would like to
upgrade all my RODC's to 4.7.4 but before doing it I have few doubts as
Before I remove my RODC's I like to clear out few doubts:
1. Instead of removing RODC's running 4.6.x version of samba can I not
simply upgrade them to 4.7.4 version. Will it make a difference?
2. If I remove 4.6.x RODC's then can I use the same NETBIOS name and IP
Address for the new 4.7.4 RODC.
3. After upgrading Samba to 4.7.4 on RODC can I remove it from the domain
and then join it again.
For testing I have upgraded one of the RODC from 4.6 to 4.7.4 and when I
run the command to check replication it is giving the below error.
samba-tool drs showrepl
DSA Options: 0x00000025
DSA object GUID: f7d666a9-eefd-4d27-99eb-4c79e1a6af31
DSA invocationId: 3396c36a-96dc-4e03-9c0b-5abfed607bc3
==== INBOUND NEIGHBORS ====
ERROR(runtime): DsReplicaGetInfo of type 0 failed - (8453,
*Harsh Kukreja *Systems Administrator
*International University of Namibia *Tel: 061-4336000 - E-mail: h.kukreja
@ium.edu.na - Web:
*http://www.ium.edu.na <http://www.ium.edu.na/>*Private Bag
14005,Bachbrech. 21-31 Hercules Street, Dorado Park, Windhoek, NAMIBIA
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the