Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Local user could not access share directory

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 09:32:46 +0800
Younger Liu <younger.liucn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ​I understand what yo​u mean. and also know the explainations of wiki.
> But, the question I met is as follow:
>    Local users which in /etc/passwd have same names in AD (this
> scenario is possible).
> for example, name is "testuser".
>    While access share directory, I must use"ENAS\testuser" to access
> share directory,
> unable to access directory using "testuser".
>   Although nss config is as follow:
> passwd: files winbind
> group: files winbind
>
>    I expect "testuser" in
> ​
>  /etc/passwd  could access shared directory rather than
> "ENAS\testuser" in AD,
> when a name are both in /etc/passwd and AD.
>
>   Can you give me some advice?

I thought I already had, remove the duplicate users from /etc/passwd,
change to the winbind 'rid' backend and your AD users will become Unix
users as well.
If you don't want the DOMAIN at the start of the username and you only
have one AD domain, add this to smb.conf:

winbind use default domain = yes