Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Changing expired Samba AD password during Windows login

Thanks for the help, however I don't think your suggestion applies in my case. On a fresh install of Samba 4.7.4 AD you cannot change a user password on a logged in PC through cntl-alt-del -> ChangePassword because the default MinAge is 1 days. I had to use the "samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --min-pwd-age=0" command to make the logged-on style of password change work.

All that remains is getting the PasswordChange "during login" to work.

Maybe I don't understand your suggestion. What GPO should I adjust so that a domain user can change their own expired password when they log into a domain-connected Windows desktop OS?