[Samba] Fwd: Samba 4 DFS Load Balance
- Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 15:32:59 +0530
- From: Sankar T Natarajan via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] Fwd: Samba 4 DFS Load Balance
Hope I would get some help regards to samba 4. I am doing own open source
knowledge learning and testing.
I have few doubts and couldn't conclude whether it is problem or not.
If you can clarify this, then proceed to my doubts below.
I have linux samba file server. it is version 4.6. I have setup 2 samba
server and configured sharing and it works fine individually.
I am trying to configure DFS load balance in one server and create the link
of these 2 shares.
While I am checking the access from windows client, I could open,
but I can open only one server share through this DFS sharename at a time,
in which status is active. my questions are
1. what is the load balance concept in this samba4? should both be
active right? if not why the technical name 'load-balance'?
2. can't make two shares as active simultaneously? not possible or won't
work in this samba server load balance term?
the screenshot is in below link
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the