Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba46 Listen queue overflow in FreeBSD 11.1

> > On Tue, 2018-01-16 at 22:56 +0100, Peter Eriksson via samba wrote:
> >> There are a number of rather low listen() queue limits in Samba which we also ran into on our pretty busy (around 300-500 users/server) Samba servers, also on FreeBSD 11.1 (six servers with 256GB RAM, 2x10Gbit ethernet, 140TB of storage).
> >>
> >> Please find enclosed a patch we use to up the limits (quite a bit).
> >
> > Sadly the list ate your patch.  Patches are best sent to samba-
> > technical in any case.
> >
> > Sorry,
> >
> > Andrew Bartlett
> > --
> > Andrew Bartlett                       http://samba.org/~abartlet/
> > Authentication Developer, Samba Team  http://samba.org
> > Samba Developer, Catalyst IT          http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
> >

> --

Peter, thank you for that patch. I will have to try it out. Can you submit it to the samba-technical team?

Andrew, what are the steps for making this into a Samba release? We would really benefit from being able to change and tune different queue depths in winbind, etc, to fix our issue.

Thank you!