Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Local user could not access share directory

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 17:49:42 +0800
Younger Liu via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have some doubts. I have join samba server into AD domain whose
> contoller is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.
>

> From wiki:
> Keep the files entry as first source for both databases. This enables
> NSS to look up domain users and groups from the /etc/passwd and
> /etc/group files before querying the Winbind service.
>
> But when I use the same user name in "passwd" as in the domain. local
> user could not access share directory. domain user name(likes
> "ENAS\testuser") could access the share directory
> Why "files winbind" in nsswitch.conf does not play a role?

You are using the winbind 'ad' backend, have you added anything to the
users AD object (a uidNumber attribute for instance)

You also seem to saying that you have users with the same name
in /etc/passwd and AD, this is NOT allowed, the user should only be in
AD.

What OS are you using.