Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4 Client Directory Contents Refresh

Hello Rick,

Am 17.01.2018 um 20:20 schrieb rcone via samba:
> Starting to use Samba 4 on RHEL 7.  I noticed that new files do not
> get refreshed automatically for display in a Windows directory listing
> on Samba 4, and requires a manual refresh in Windows for them to>
appear.  This behavior appears to be different from RHEL 5 (Samba 3),
> where new files appear automatically.  Is there a new global directive
> in Samba 4 for an automatic directory content refresh?

This is a client setting and caused by SMB2 client redirector caching.
For details, see:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-7/ff686200(v=ws.10)

Set all three registry keys mentioned in the MS doc to "0" and reboot.

I'm sure there is a GPO for this as well.

Regards,
Marc

PS: The reason because this did not happen on servers running on Samba 3
was that SMB2 was not enabled by default before Samba 4.x.